The first step in winning the Mega Million lottery is buying yourself at least one ticket. You gonna start somewhere right.
Buying a Mega Millions Ticket and rules of the game
Mega Millions tickets can be purchased for $2.00 or $3 depending on whether you have added the megaplier. You will need six numbers to purchase your ticket.
- The six numbers have two parts. The main “white” numbers, which can range between 1 – 70, and the main “megaball”, can range between 1 – 25.
- You can pick your own numbers or buy an Easy Pick ticket that will randomly select numbers for you.
- You can purchase Lottery Tickets almost evereywhere, One of the last few winners bought it from a grocery store
- To purchase a Mega Millions ticket, ensure that your state participates in it! I live in Miami and they definetely have the game!
- Mega Millions players must be at least 18 to play. When making a purchase you may need to provide proof or your identification.
The fast way
You can always go with an easy way of quick pick, this means that the system will automatically generate the numbers for you without picking.
Double-check the numbers.
Mega Millions draws are held at 11:00 PM EST on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- You should verify official Mega Millions information before you accept second-hand information. Mega Millions drawings and current numbers can be viewed via the official YouTube page.
- The official listing of winning numbers can be found Here: http://www.megamillions.com/winning-numbers
- Third party sites might not be accurate
How to win mega millions
You will only win the jackpot if your ticket matches six numbers in the winning drawing. There are many other ways that you can win small amounts of cash, even if it’s not possible to win the jackpot.
- Only the jackpot can be fixed. All other prizes will remain unchanged regardless of the current value.
- Matching particular numbers can allow you to win a certain amount of money
- Five main/white Numbers: $1,000,000
- Any four main/white or mega numbers: $10,000
- Any four main/white figures: $500
- Any three main/white or mega numbers, plus the ball: $200
- Any three main/white numerals: $10
- Any two main/white numerals and the megaball: $10
- Any main/white numeric number and the mega ball are $4
- The megaball is only $2
Learn how you can claim your winnings. Mega Millions prize money winners should take their receipts to an authorized agent of the lottery for validation.
- Anyone authorized by Mega Millions to sell lottery tickets is also authorized and authorized to accept winning tickets.
- The back of the ticket must be signed when you submit it. If your prize exceeds $599 then you will need to fill in a claim form that you send to the state’s lotteries commission.
- Make sure you claim your winning ticket within the required deadline. The deadlines vary by state. However, they can vary from 90 days up to one year.
Mega Million Winning tactics
You can purchase more than one ticket
This will increase your chances of winning. While your chances are still quite low, you will see a slight increase in your chances with each set of numbers.
- Choose a different number for each ticket. It is best to not buy multiple tickets using the same six numbers. To increase your chances at winning, it is a good idea for you to choose completely different numbers each time you buy tickets.
- As of early 2015 the odds of you winning the jackpot were 1 in every 258.9million. If you buy a second lottery ticket, your chances of winning the jackpot increase to 2 out every 258.9million. Although the odds of you winning are slightly higher with each ticket, it is possible to improve your chances of success. Noting that your chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 302,575,350, the new system will decrease your chances to win it.
- Your odds of winning at most one of the nine prizes are about 1 in 14.71. Therefore, buying more tickets significantly increases your chances. Even buying two tickets increases your odds of winning by as much as 1 in 7.355.
Concentrate your effort on fewer game types. If you have a fixed income, it’s better to save your money than to purchase one lottery ticket for every draw.
- There is no way to increase your odds of winning by playing more lottery games. Buying more tickets/entry can only improve those odds. Therefore it’s better to invest your money one-on-one than spreading it out across multiple games.
- Your decision about which game you play is final. The jackpot is more popular when there are more people playing. The odds of you winning will not change, but the greater number of people playing means there are more chances that they will pick the winning numbers. You also have a greater chance to split the jackpot, even though you might win.
Mix even and unusual numbers. Maintain a mix of odd and right numbers. In order to achieve the best results, aim for three odd numbers and at least two even ones, or three even and four odd numbers.
- This even-tood ratio only applies to the five main white white balls. No matter which five numbers you choose, you should be able pick an odd or even mega ball number.
- Even if you don’t have an ideal ratio you should not have all odd numbers. A mere 3 percent of past winning combinations were composed of only all even and all unlucky strings.
Combine high- and low numbers. Two to three white balls should be equal in size between 1 and 38. The remaining balls should range from 39 to 70.
- Divide the playing range in half. Since you can only use numbers 1 through 75, your low halves will be from 1 to 38 and your high halves from 39 to 75. You should pick roughly equal amounts of numbers from both sides when choosing numbers to play for the five main balls.
- Similar to even and odd numbers. Only 3 percent of all past winning combinations consisted of both all high numbers (or all low numbers).
Before you settle on five numbers, add them up and verify the total. The sum should average between 140 – 240.
- The lowest sum that your numbers could be equivalent to would be 5 while the highest amount would be 325. You can call your game balanced if you have a sum that is between 140 – 240.
- About 70 percent of past winning combinations had been balanced.
The only five numbers that are the main ones will not allow you to represent all eight number groupings. Often, though, the winning combination includes only five number groups.
- Number groups are counted by tens: 0s 10, 20s 30, 40s. 50s. 60s. and 70s.
- Although it is unlikely all five main numbers will originate from the same number group, it’s quite common for one number category to be represented more times than once. As a rule of thumb, choose numbers that represent three-to four of these groups.
Hot numbers are those which have been part of the winning combo for the past six weeks. “Cold” numbers refers to numbers that have not been included in the six previous games.
- There is no standard ratio of hot to cool numbers. But you should aim to include at minimum one of each number in your five-member group. It is just as unlikely that all five numbers (cold or hot) will be cold as it will be that they are all “hot.”
- Note that it is difficult to predict when a new cold number will become active. Two cold numbers could be inactive simultaneously for equal time periods. One cold number might suddenly become active while the other remains cold.
Avoid mixing and matching. Number combinations that have won before are unlikely to win again. Trying to duplicate a winning combination will almost always fail.
- Statistically, it is unlikely that any specific number string will be drawn more than once every 2,500,000y ears. This doesn’t mean that it won’t happen. Mega Millions started with five numbers drawn twice, But such incidents are rare.
- To avoid sticking with the old number combination, it is a good idea change your number combination each game. Your winning combination is more likely than any other.
Skip consecutive numbers. Mega Millions tickets can be purchased only if you avoid selecting the combination 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 The same applies to choosing a set of five consecutive numbers.
- Consecutive string are so poor balanced that they are almost unheard of.
- It is possible for two numbers in the string of five to immediately follow each others (e.g., 15, 16, 43 and 44 or 59 and 60). However, consecutive pairs are acceptable. Sequential strings of five are extremely rare.
Pattern prediction is madness for something that is random
Don’t put your money on patterns. Every pattern is predictable. But in random drawing like Mega Millions, perfect patterns can be very rare and won’t win.
- People often make the mistake of creating straight lines vertically or horizontally across number tickets.
- Number multiples (e.g., 4-8-12-16-20, 8-16-24-32-40, etc.) Are another common pattern that people tend to gravitate towards erroneously.
- One last thing to avoid is numbers that have the same last character (e.g. 7-1727-37-7-47).
Play with random numbers. If you have not had luck picking your own numbers, you may be able to buy an “Easy Pick”, randomized ticket.
- Because Mega Millions winning numbers can be chosen randomly, blindly selecting the numbers you play could work in your favor. You are more likely than not to receive a set of numbers subliminally influenced or influenced by your biases.
- Consider both these strategies if your plan is to purchase multiple tickets. Pick your numbers and let the machine select random numbers for your second tickets.
A man won $1.05 billion Jackpot
Earlier this year in Michigan state, a man hit the 1 billion jackpot!
“A club member saw a sign that the jackpot was up to $1 billion and remembered that they hadn’t bought their tickets yet, so they pulled into the Kroger,”
You can find the full story here.